Deadline: 07 June 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Natural Resources Officer (Biodiversity) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Natural Resources Officer (Biodiversity) will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to the implementation of the MYPOW and to the interdivisional MYPOW Task Force;
- Design, plan and implement activities in support of the Commission’s MYPOW, including the development of policies, guidelines, best practices and training materials;
- Monitor policy, legal and technical developments of other international fora/ instruments in the spheres of biodiversity and genetic resources for food and agriculture, for their relevance in implementing the MYPOW;
- Prepare and organize technical and policy meetings on biodiversity / genetic resources for food and agriculture;
- Prepare and support the preparation of technical and policy documents related to biodiversity/genetic resources for food and agriculture and cross-cutting issues, and facilitates coordination among FAO units on biodiversity/genetic resources for food and agriculture;
- Prepare briefs for communicating the Commission’s activities in the field of biodiversity to other relevant instruments, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, and relevant stakeholders;
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or natural resources management or related biological sciences.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in natural resources management, including in biodiversity and genetic resources for food and agriculture management.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.