Deadline: 17 August 2018
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition And Food Systems Officer (Nutrition Policy) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition And Food Systems Officer will perform the following functions:
- Research and analyses [agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related] data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produce a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, Departmental publications and/or web pages.
- Provide technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participate in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, and/or key social/ economic/ environmental/ nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams, collaborates with other departments and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborate in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars, and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Nutrition, Food science and technology, Public health, Agricultural economics, or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience in integrating nutrition into agricultural policies and programmes in developing countries.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.