Deadline: 28 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Information Management Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Nutrition Information Management Officer will be responsible for managing and strengthening the nutrition information system; including program planning, monitoring, and evaluation for Borno and Yobe States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Information Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support complete, quality and timely reporting of nutrition programs/CBT based on partnership agreements and agreed monitoring frameworks.
- Work with state operational arms to have a well-prioritized plan of information Management activities.
- Provide support in reviewing documents, preparing survey protocols and adopting standardized approaches and tools for nutrition/CBT programming.
- Maintain information databases and general project IM tools, such as 5W matrix, Gap Matrix including consolidation, analysis and report/disseminate of data collected throughout various assessments.
- Compile, clean and analyze nutrition/CBT data including Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Vitamin A supplementation, Infant and Young Child Feeding Practice (IYCFP), Micro nutrients etc.
- Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achievement of project targets to support evidence-based programming.
- For high level official meetings, in partnership with the Consortium Coordinator, represent all partners of the consortium in matters relating to the project implementation and impact in focus states.
- Coordinate Document minutes and action points; as and when needed coordinate and plan for minutes, develop agenda, document minutes and share action points with all relevant persons.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Nutrition, with public health, epidemiology, Statistics or data management or related field with a nutrition focus will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, nutrition, knowledge /data management or related field in developing country context.
- Experience of nutrition data collection, with extensive experience, compiling and analyzing quantitative data and producing relevant graphical representations of analyzed data.
- Proven experience in synthesizing relevant information and developing reports on time against set deadlines for the dissemination of key findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fluency in English language is required.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.