Deadline: 22 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Policy Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Policy design, formulation, endorsement and implementation.
- Evidence generation for scaling up multi sectoral nutrition policy and programme action (for both regular and emergency response/preparedness).
- Rights-based projects to policy formation and implementation through a results-based approach in regular and emergency response/preparedness programming.
- Sectoral work plan development, implementation, and monitoring for equity focused policy formulation and implementation.
- Project delivery, evaluation and reporting.
- Promotion of UNICEF’s Global Goals.
- UNICEF and government accountability.
- Communication, collaboration, networking and partnership equity focused policy formulation and implementation.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Nutrition and health, health sciences, international health and nutrition, public health and nutrition policy and management, family health and nutrition, nutritional epidemiology, health and nutrition education, health and nutrition promotion and disease prevention, public health, health emergency preparedness, or other relevant disciplines.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in nutrition policy advocacy in a middle income country context (desirable).
- Developing country work experience.
- Background/familiarity with nutrition emergency.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.