Deadline : 7 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate project/programme support during formulation and implementation of ongoing activities focusing on nutrition and nutrition sensitive agriculture.
- Coordinate policy dialogue processes on nutrition with government, development partners, private sector and Civil Society Organizations.
- Gather, analyse and disseminate relevant technical information, data and/or statistics on nutrition for input in various documents, studies, field projects, and/or assessments.
- Ensure nutrition is mainstreamed in FAO’s project formulation, implementation and document best practices from field projects.
- Collaborate in the development of training tools and materials on NSA, nutrition education and social behaviour communication tools, and marketing and advertising to promote healthy diets.
- Strengthen integration of women’s empowerment in agriculture, and the enabling environment for nutrition, and reaching the most nutritionally vulnerable
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of nutrition projects/programmes.
- Development and review of work plans, budgets and procurement plans related to nutrition activities.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on technical specifications, evaluation and clearance of goods and services procured with support from FAO by working closely with the DHNA and other relevant departments.
- Participate in technical working groups on nutrition on behalf of FAO.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in nutrition, food systems, dietetics, agricultural development or closely related field from a recognized University.
- At least 7 year’s of professional experience in the implementation and management of nutrition projects/programmes.
- Work experience in one or more of the technical fields (i.e. nutrition-sensitive agriculture, integrated food security and nutrition, nutrition education, agricultural marketing, food security and nutrition assessment; nutrition-sensitive social protection.).
- Relevance of experience in nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food systems interventions.
- Previous working experience in a technical advisory role working in an international global organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written presentation skills in English.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.