Deadline: 21 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Lusaka, Zambia.
The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and coordination of UNICEF’s national and sub-national nutrition activities in response to the emergency.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with local authorities to advocate for the inclusion of UNICEF nutrition priorities within the zonal development plan/initiatives and participate in coordination meetings and follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
- Ensure strong participation in Nutrition sector Coordination meetings including provision of co-leadership support in coordinating the sector response in support of National Food and Nutrition Commission (NFNC) and Ministry of Health (MoH) coordination.
- Develop sectoral work plans with the active participation of other Nutrition partners to ensure achievement of Programme objectives.
- Track the progress in implementation and address bottlenecks and issues impeding sector response.
- Assist to identify staffing needs and assist in the recruitment process of national consultants to work on responding to the crisis.
- Develop a plan and coordinate emergency nutrition capacity building activities.
- Provide assistance to the field teams as requested and to travel to the field to fill gaps as required.
- Coordinate with operations staff provision of supply and non-supply assistance to partners, ensuring proper and timely accountability in accordance with UNICEF policies and procedures.
- Design, prepare, implement and follow-up on the projects/activities on Nutrition, for emergency and development phases (development of more sustainable and community-based activities).
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in human nutrition, preferably with corresponding degree in Public Health, Food Security, Medicine or another related field with either UN and/or NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience with the products and treatment protocols being used in Community Bases Management of Acute Malnutrition programmes.
- At least 5 years of progressive working experience in the field of Emergency public health nutrition and 5-8 years experience with either the UN and/or NGO.
- Recent experience in Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition and Moderate Acute Malnutrition, including Therapeutic Feeding Programmes (TFP) and Supplementary Feeding Programmes (SFP).
- Experience in Malnutrition Programme communications, Communication for Development (C4D).
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.