Deadline: 17 June 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist (IMIS) in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for technical leadership and support in Nutrition in the West and Central Africa Region (WCAR) in the areas of micronutrients and minerals, knowledge management, programme performance, maternal and adolescent nutrition and program monitoring.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform following functions-
- Provide timely and state-of-the-art technical support in Nutrition for Child Survival and Development to UNICEF Country Programs in the technical nutrition areas of:
- Control of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Maternal and adolescent nutrition.
- Planning and performance monitoring large nutrition programs to prevent chronic malnutrition and SAM.
- Provide timely and quality program support in Nutrition for Child Survival and Development to UNICEF Country Programs in the program areas:
- Policy dialogue and policy development.
- Internal programme monitoring through Annual workplan, RAM, KRC and Reviews.
- Capacity building and system strengthening.
- Cost analysis of package and programmes.
- Conceptualize, develop, and disseminate regional technical analyses, reports and publications by compiling and scrutinizing information, tabulating and analyzing data, and presenting findings and results, with focus on budget and costing of intervention package, Knowledge generation, dissemination, management and nutrition system strengthening.
- Develop and submit quality progress and financial reports to donors and resource mobilization proposals for Nutrition and Child Survival and Development.
- Participate in intersectoral collaboration with other sectors in the Regional Office, particularly Health, WASH, Education, and HIV/AIDS.
- Any other duties appropriate to the purpose of this post, which may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Applicants must have-
- Postgraduate degree in nutrition (MSc, DrPH, or PhD).
- 8 years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in Nutrition.
- Experience in UNICEF (or UN agency/large NGO/multi/bi-lateral organization) country programme preparation and programme management specifically on micronutrient programmes, data analysis, knowledge generation and dissemination would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with special emphasis on the cultural sensitivities of West and Central Africa would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of Nutrition-relevant activities.
- Good ability for data mining, analysis, generation of knowledge, documentation and dissemination of programme success or lessons is required.
- Track record of technical report or peer reviewed papers or field notes, publications.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.