Deadline: 29 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
The Nutrition Specialist will support the development and preparation of the nutrition (or a sector of) programs/projects and for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of the nutrition programs/projects within the country program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support to program/project development and planning:
- Contribute to/support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the nutrition sector/s to ensure timely comprehensive and current data on maternal and child nutrition are available to guide policy and development, design and management of nutrition programs/projects. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of nutrition programs/projects. Formulate, design and prepare a sector of the nutrition programs/projects proposal, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for program review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Applicants must have-
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s) or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Prior experience in designing, managing and analyzing complex quantitative data and surveys such as SMART / MICS are highly desirable.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Prior experience in Humanitarian setting and work with government in fragile states is considered an asset.
- Professional experience in coordination and cluster leadership; experience in high level advocacy, including familiarity with platforms such as SUN, REACH, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and French (verbal and written) are required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.