Deadline: 18 August 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) will perform the following functions:
- Support to Livelihoods projects’ portfolio implementation including but not limited to:
- Small-holder farmers through in-kind voucher schemes, and
- Support on the community-based infrastructure creation and natural resource management projects
- Support to MSMEs and capacity building of individuals.
- Support communication and coordination between country office and field offices on implementation, including field-level monitoring, coordination with partners and other stakeholders,
- Conduct field visits as needed in the areas of implementation in coordination with country-office and field-based staff,
- Ensure effective communication and support to the Cooperating Partners, including needed capacity building, ensuring implementation is in-line with WFP’s norms and standards,
- Provide support on routine business methods and practices to colleagues to ensure services are timely delivered and to the required standards,
- Document best practices and lessons learnt from the project for future integration and scaling in the wider Livelihoods Programme,
- Provide support in documentation and reporting for the Livelihoods unit’s programme
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree in agriculture, environmental sciences, development, or other field relevant to development assistance is a plus.
- At least 4 year’s of progressive experience in agricultural, agro-food related livelihoods, food systems and/or development programming, project management, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and private sector innovative initiatives’ supporting job.
- Prior experience with humanitarian organizations, (UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) is a plus.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.