Deadline: 17 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads inRIternational efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Nigeria, the direct supervision of the Head of Office of Maiduguri in close collaboration with the Emergency Programme Coordinator and in cooperation with NE programme teams, the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities.
- Assist the Head of Office, the Emergency Programme Coordinator and the Operations in the monitoring of projects.
- Prepare detail status of the level of implementation of projects in close collaboration of the Operations.
- Contribute to food security situation analysis, development and management of database on agriculture related operations including participation in livelihood and food security assessment missions.
- Assist in the preparation of Letters of Agreement (LoA), and UN to UN agreements of all approved partners, submit to Emergency Programme Coordinator for review before submission to the Responsible Officer for final approval.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Agriculture, Livestock, Animal Husbandry, Animal Health preferably with inclusion of Fisheries and Disaster Management disciplines.
- University Degree in agriculture field, economics or rural development.
- At least 2 – 3 year’s of working experience in a related field.
- Ability to use computer and data processing facilities including software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant experience in humanitarian and agricultural/rural development sectors including work experience with national and international NGO’s, UN agencies, governments and donors.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of the local major languages (e.g. Kanuri, Hausa) spoken in the northeast states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe would be a valuable asset.
- Nationals of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.