Deadline: 14 February 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Lodwar, Kenya.
The Programme Associate will be responsible to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs in the respective county(ies) of operation.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Programme implementation and monitoring
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Support and monitor implementation of resilient livelihood and market support for smallholder producers/traders in accordance with agreements, work-plans, deliverables and timelines.
- Identify new opportunities for developing WFP’s livelihood and market support initiatives that are in line with the strategy of making food systems sustainable, inclusive and resilient.
- Propose ways to strengthen integration of gender, youth and nutrition in all activities being implemented in the respective county(ies).
- Support the capacity strengthening of supported communities, cooperating partners and county government in the areas of DRR/CCA, resilient livelihoods, market support, school meals and nutrition.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and perform accurate and timely recording of project data into the programme data management tool, checking the quality and reliability of project data (inputs and outputs) and reports;
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area agriculture economics, agribusiness development, range management, Environmental science, Land and Water Management, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- Possession of a University Degree in development or livelihoods related will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication of English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit WFP.