Deadline: 24 January 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (GIS Mapping and Data Management Specialist) in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate (GIS Mapping and Data Management Specialist) will perform the following functions:
- Produce high-quality mapping products and infographics to support WFP Units and partner agencies (i.e., maps featuring road networks, implementation areas and other variables) for key decisionmakers and donor reports.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of data derived from remotely sensed images and mobile-based food and nutrition security monitoring systems and prepare relevant visualizations using GIS software packages.
- Assemble and maintain appropriate food and nutrition security indicators used internationally from different regional and global data services.
- Provide assistance in ensuring that rigorous quality data standards are maintained by the WFP Malawi VAM Unit.
- Maintain and manage the Geographic Information System (GIS) datasets for VAM Spatial Data Infrastructure.
Act as the VAM focal point for the roll-out of drone mapping.
- Provide technical support, including capacity building, to Country Office staff and National Government counterparts as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- First-Level University Degree in GIS mapping, Statistics, Data Science, Geography, Economics, and Food security-related social sciences or related functional area.
- Completion of specialized training in quantitative analysis and data management is an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in data analysis management or relevant field.
- Proven knowledge and experience in SQL, GIS Mapping software (ArcGIS, QGIS), Statistical analysis package (SPSS, R, Python etc)
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software such as Illustrator, Ms Publisher and report writing skills.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Knowledge of the local language or UN official language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.