Deadline: 26 January 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Market Analyst) in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate (Market Analyst) will perform the following functions:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of data derived from mVAM price data, Government datasets, and other price data sets to understand market price trends.
- Contribute to the provision of timely, effective, and quality market information to support vulnerability profiling, targeting, programme decisions, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks.
- Undertake market-related field missions to support WFP Malawi operations, including the provision of the analytical basis for the identification, design, and implementation of market-based interventions (i.e., for cash and vouchers, local procurement purchases, etc.).
- Plan, design, and conduct market and trader surveys and analysis to assess food security and local market conditions.
- Contribute to the integration of market-based information into inter-agency food security assessments (CFSVA, EFSA, FSMS, CFSAM, JAM, MIRA, etc.).
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- First-Level University Degree in GIS, Statistics, Data Science, Geography, Economics, and Food security-related social sciences or related functional area.
- Completion of specialized training in quantitative analysis and data management is an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in data analysis management or relevant field.
- Experience with the National Statistics Office or other analysis/research-based institution focusing on markets/prices strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge and experience in SQL, GIS Mapping software (ArcGIS, QGIS), Statistical analysis package (SPSS, R, Python etc).
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software such as Illustrator, Ms Publisher and report writing skills.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Knowledge of the local language or UN official language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.