Deadline: 26 February 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Nutrition) in Quetta, Pakistan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Associate (Nutrition) will perform the following functions-
- Assist Nutritionist in preparing project documents with partners.
- Support in organizing project planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions to identify and analyse problems and recommend project.
- Provide support to assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets.
- Analyse the received reports / data to ensure achievement of objectives and suggest corrective actions when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project-management.
- Monitor, update and track data related to project issues, commodity pipelines and financial allotment status reports, informing the relevant divisions accordingly; ensure accuracy of data related to the above.
- Assist to analyse and prepare projections for food commodities and non-food items to ensure timely call forward and / or local procurement including other complementary inputs like trainings, reviews, stationary.
- Prepare allocation plans to ensure timely preparation of agreements / MOUs / FLAs with all partners for quality delivery of services through transparent and competitive selection process using maturity of judgment and negotiating skills.
- Coordinate with other units for timely delivery of food to the targeted beneficiaries in line with agreed implementation plans.
- Maintain records on programme activities, from formulation stage through completion, by extracting relevant information from reports, project committees, budget records and other documentation.
- Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for project / programme activities such as making presentations in meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc.
- Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
- Facilitate accurate and timely inputs / reports from the implementing partners for M&E analysis and status reports.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend procedures.
- Participate in discussions on new / revised procedures and practices.
- Assist in arranging trainings, reviews and other programme related events.
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of higher secondary school education.
- Post-Secondary Certificate / University Degree in the related functional area is highly desirable.
- Minimum 6 year’s of experience, of which a minimum 2 year’s of experience in nutrition related programmes.
- Prior experience in INGOs / UN is highly desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English language, Urdu, and other local languages.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.