Deadline: 5 February 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager – Health & Nutrition in Goz Beida, Chad. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Programme Manager – Health & Nutrition will be responsible to lead the implementation, management and development of the H&N components of Concern’s programmes in eastern Chad.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Manager – Health & Nutrition will perform the following functions-
- Programme quality
- Manage the implementation of the health and nutrition programme in the Sila province ensuring timely and quality implementation through Concern Project Cycle Management tools.
- Oversee and support staff Health and Nutrition team in the day to day management of the implementation of the programme and ensure adequate planning of the activities.
- Ensure the implementation of national health strategy in collaboration with the Health Centres including CPN (Prenatal consultation), CPoN (Postnatal consultation).
- Reporting and Donor Compliance
- Prepare timely and high quality internal and donor reports for the programme, in line with donor requirements (narrative and financial).
- Contribute to the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals for the health and nutrition programme.
- Lead in documenting (i.e. in the form of technical briefs, etc.) lessons learnt, best practices on H&N programme in the Sila province.
- Work in close relation with the Ministry of Health in the Sila Province and the project stakeholders.
- Represent concern in all relevant clusters and coordination mechanism with other NGOs, UN Agencies and state counterparts.
- Human Resources
- Manage and provide leadership to the project team, contributing to their capacity building and career development including through on-the-job training.
- Ensure that the team have up to date job descriptions, clear objectives and identify and facilitate training when required.
- Ensure that each member of the team fully understands outcomes which are expected of them, by setting SMART objectives, and that they are aware of the success criteria relating to their work.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with Concern’s policies and procedures Finance, Administration and Logistics.
- Ensure accurate management of the programme budget to ensure that activities are delivered in a timely and cost-efficient way.
- Monitor programme budgets and management accounts to ensure that relevant activities are being implemented in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Prepare procurement plans and work with logistics to ensure timely procurement of all necessary supplies.
- Participate in contract design, tendering and contractor performance as required for the implementation of interventions.
- Support the update of Concern’s national strategy and provide relevant information through emergency assessment when required to design rapid response project in the country.
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern Code of Conduct and its associated policies, including the respect of confidentiality.
- Ensure the team adheres closely to security protocols and procedures and support the Emergency Programme Coordinator in security management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Coordinator.
Applicants must have-
- PhD in Health or equivalent, Master 2 in Public Health and Nutrition or equivalent.
- Fluency in French and professional competencies in English.
- Minimum 3 year’s overseas experience with an NGO implementing full Nutrition and health Programmes.
- Experience in strategic development and support of nutrition and health programmes, including mainstreaming of crosscutting themes such as HIV and AIDS, gender, equality.
- Experience working in nutrition interventions, including CMAM.
- Experience working with Primary Health Care (PHC) and in PCIMA/PCIME.
- Knowledge and experience in the most common assessment and survey methodologies such as SMART, SQEAC and related software.
- Experience in working with and capacity building of national staff and partner organisations.
- Experience in community mobilization / behavioural change strategies.
- Familiarity with CMAM Surge or general health systems strengthening principles and programming experience.
- Previous experience in Chad and/or in the region.
- Experience in implementation of programme in partnership with local and national administration.
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead diverse teams.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer applications i.e. Microsoft word, Excel, communications systems.
- Ability to live and work in a close team environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.