Deadline: 7 May 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer) in Abuja, Nigeria.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer) will perform the following functions:
- Conduct Transfer Modality Assessments across the Northeast states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) leading to the production of key reports for decision making on transfer modalities across LGAs. These assessments may also expand to the Northwest contingent upon programme expansion in the region.
- Support the Management-level Strategic Cash Task Force in conducting a holistic assessment of how to streamline and strengthen the rigour of Transfer Modality Assessments to determine the exact transfer ratio of Cash to Food.
- Channel CBT technical expertise and findings from assessments into the National Cash and Voucher Assistance (NCVA) Policy Task Team, of which WFP is a partner. These inputs will coordinate with the NCVA task team to provide a national framework for CVA, promote an inclusive approach that will integrate the use and scale-up of CVA, improve the operational environment for CVA, promote financial inclusion, and facilitate linkage of humanitarian cash transfer with social protection.
- Assist in providing technical advice or mobilize technical expertise, in line with the CBT requirements, on a wide range of programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where CBT assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University
- Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional work experience in Programme design and implementation.
- Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency situation.
- Gained experience of analysing political situations, assessing risk accurately and supporting managers and leaders in decision making that is sensitive to this.
- Gained broader exposure across areas within CBT function
- Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.