Deadline: 16 November 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of in Programme Policy Officer/Livelihood and Climate Change in Cairo, Egypt.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer/Livelihood and Climate Change will perform the following functions:
- Provide oversight, management, and support in developing and implementing all rural development and climate-adaptive initiatives, plans and processes, in alignment with WFP and Government of Egypt policies and guidance;
- Identify and coordinate the design and development of new initiatives and propose the establishment of new partnerships as they relate to rural development, including through the drafting of concept notes and donor proposals;
- Support liaisons with government agencies, UN agencies, international financial institutions, and non-governmental organizations to ensure synergies with WFP’s priorities and to engage in project implementation and/or joint programming where possible;
- Develop a standard operating procedures package, inclusive of guidance on potential partner roster methodology; approaches to planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of all SO3 projects; and evaluating mid-term and final performance of all relevant partners;
- Ensure the preparation of accurate and timely reports that enable informed decision making and consistency of information;
Ensure strong collaboration with public, private, and/or civil partners leading to improved projects implementation and design;
- Support the capacity building of WFP country office and field staff, partners, and government counterparts in relevant areas;
- Provide technical guidance, training, support and advice to all country and field office staff responsible for the implementation of rural development projects;
- Support the implementation of the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan by ensuring cross-cutting efforts such as nutrition-sensitivity, gender and diversity inclusion, protection and accountability, and linkages with other activities are integrated into rural development projects;
- Manage and provide supervision to the technical team and liaise with technical counterparts at WFP regional bureau and headquarters;
- Perform all duties and functions of an activity manager as relevant to internal WFP processes and procedures
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University degree in International Development, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field related to climate change adaptation and/or international assistance or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience preferably with the UN or donor-funded programmes and trainings/courses.
- At least 5 years of professional relevant managerial experience managing Programmes for UN agencies, government entities, or civil society in the fields of rural development/ food systems/ climate change and/or environmental sustainability;
- Experience in the management of relevant programme from inception to implementation and assessment, Proven ability and experience in the development of interagency networks, partnerships, strategies and initiatives.
- Fluency in both English &Arabic languages
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.