Deadline: 17 September 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 11 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical assistance to country offices on nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programming and policy issues including the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and commodity choice in line with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations on contingency planning, risk analysis and early warning related to nutrition risks, providing response capacity as required.
- Provide guidance and technical support on how to make WFP and national school meals programmes more nutrition sensitive.
- Contribute to knowledge management around nutrition integrated approach, including the documentation of processes, good practices, and learnings.
- Other as required in agreement with the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Public Health or Nutrition is required.
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in implementing and advising nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive programme
- Demonstrated experience working in public health and/or nutrition related field
- Experience working in nutrition specific and sensitive programming in country office is required.
- Experience working in humanitarian assistance and development context is required.
- Experience working at regional level is desirable.
- Knowledge of global nutrition architecture.
- Experience working in collaboration with technical experts from multiple units and stakeholders.
- Experience representing international organization at high level event.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural settings
- Ability to work independently and meet deliverables with minimal supervision
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is desirable
- Fluency (level C) in Arabic and/or French language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.