Deadline: 27 April 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice to the CO team, Field Office staff as well as Cooperating partners on nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and commodity choice for nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive programming in line with WFP standards and processes.
- Support the strengthening of national nutrition initiatives, including the development of national government policies related to nutrition as well as nutrition strategies, action plans, protocols and guidelines in line with the Scale up Nutrition (SUN) Movement and international guidance and current evidence.
- Work with staff in supply chain, logistics, finance, other programme units and other divisions to ensure effective design and delivery of WFP nutrition programming.
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong multi-sectorial response to nutrition in both emergency and non- emergency settings.
- Support the preparation of accurate and timely reporting and learning, contributing to a knowledge base that informs decision making of WFP and other stakeholders.
- Design, conduct and communicate the nutrition situation clearly and effectively to nutrition stakeholders.
- Represent WFP at various meetings and technical coordination platforms to contribute in technical discussions, exchange experiences, advocate for nutrition interventions and identify areas of potential collaboration.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in the field of Nutrition.
- Good oral and written languages skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health).
- Experience conducting nutritional assessments, analysed data and drafted recommendations for programme.
- Experience working in multiple countries.
- Experience working in both emergencies and development context.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.