Deadline: 31 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) in Lucknow, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) will perform the following functions:
- Technical assistance and policy advocacy:
- Analyse UP state level nutrition and school feeding policies/ guidelines/ programmes/ food-based safety net schemes including operational issues therein to identify gaps and solutions to address the same.
- Engage with State level government stakeholders on a regular basis for scale up of WFP interventions and pilot projects.
- Support the development of State level policy briefs, presentations and need-based research on aspects of the food based safety nets.
- Represent WFP at various fora at the State level and make technical interventions and presentations as required.
- Support to implementation of the Nutrition and school feeding projects in the district:
- Provide monitoring, technical and coordination support to the WFP supported pilots in coordination with the country office, field staff and other cross-functional units to ensure that the various project activities are performed within the established targets, adhering to project timelines and in line with WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards the development of project proposals/concept notes, implementation plans, terms of reference for procuring services of various vendors, monitoring formats and check-lists for the various nutrition and school feeding projects in Uttar Pradesh as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback to the tools & reports and facilitate approvals for undertaking project baseline and end line.
- Review and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports on the nutrition and school feeding projects and activities in UP for their effective delivery.
- Support in the capacity building of cooperating partners and state/district government counterparts as need be for the various projects.
- Assist in the development of information, education and communication material and strategies relevant to the larger nutrition projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience preferably on nutrition in the development sector.
- Previous experience of working in partnership with the government/UN agency/INGO or on projects targeted at addressing malnutrition at the community level is desirable.
- Gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong professionally communication ability.
- Advocacy and networking skills with a broad range of stakeholders including government, private sector, civil society, academia, NGO and international cooperation.
- Knowledge of research methods with familiarity in quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of UN system would be an asset.
- Knowledge of WFP programmes is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi.
- Ability to speak in other Indian languages is a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.