Deadline: 5 March 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer(Markets) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer(Markets) will perform the following functions:
- Contribute towards the development of market access support initiatives for smallholder farmers in a multi-stakeholder setting.
- Establish and manage public and private partnerships in the Markets, Logistics, Post-Harvest Handling, Storage domain including with Government Agencies.
- Lead in designing and refining scalable, sustainable farmer organizations capacity strengthening approaches and strategies suitable for PHHS, Logistics and Markets pathways.
- Support the identification and targeting of farmer organizations and farmer-friendly aggregators through vetting, and due diligence process. Specifically, assess and analyze the profiles of target farmer organizations and their farm business management practice.
- Based on farmer data analysis, identify opportunities to build pro-smallholder staple value chains through partnerships with other key value chain stakeholders.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Agriculture, Agriculture Economics or a field relevant to agricultural value chain management.
- Advanced Degree in the relevant field is a plus.
- At least 6 year’s of experience in agribusiness, either in private sector enterprises or in non-profit value chain related projects, with a strong exposure to the private sector.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Swahili is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.