Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Specialist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Support Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Draft, revise, finalize and timely submit key resource mobilization documents in line with FAO’s standards, Strategic Objectives and aligned to Government of South Sudan and Resource Partners priorities.
- Write and edit various documents in English relevant to the work of FAO, including country briefs, programme updates, analytical notes, inputs to publications and others.
- Support coordination and tracking of activities related to funding (programme/project planning, implementation, progress reporting etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Liaise with Field-level Resource Partners, FAO departments and decentralized offices, as necessary, on issues related to development and implementation of FAO South Sudan programme.
- Liaise with the agencies of the UN system, recipient government officials, NGOs and other partners and stakeholders, as required.
- Develop, adapt and support the implementation of relevant planning, programming and monitoring tools.
- Develop and maintain an overview of the agriculture and food and nutrition security priorities for humanitarian and development by existing and potentially new resource partners for FAO South Sudan.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields: Rural development, agricultural economics, International Relations or Social Sciences or other fields related to the FAO mandate.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant experience in project design, reporting and donor liaison.
- Experience with emergencies and development initiatives in the Horn of Africa.
- Experience in project formulation, operation, budget execution and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with resource partners, and other development partners and country stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience in writing reports.
- Working knowledge of English (Level C) and limited knowledge of Arabic or French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.