Deadline: 6 September 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Advisor in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Provision of advisory support to IWUMD senior management and project specialists by advising on IWUMD business case, engagement risks, management models, and selecting the appropriate methodology for engagements, managing start up and closure.
- Advise project specialists on developing annual work plan and budget, financial management, procurement and M&E systems.
- Design, develop and implement training programmes and capacity building initiatives for MOALI, including Participatory Planning, Agriculture Value Chain Development, Supervision of works and Project Management.
- Contribute to the Project Management practice focusing on continuous improvement; supporting the MOALI priorities, developing tools, policy recommendations and sharing best practices.
- Act as the Project Manager in the UNOPS system and lead the technical assistance team to provide services set out in the agreement between UNOPS and IWUMD.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Agriculture, Development Studies, Social Science, International Relations or other relevant area is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 years of relevant work experience can be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible project implementation and management experience and engagement development.
- Sound knowledge of UNOPS regulations and rules is an asset.
- Fluency in English is essential (must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.