Deadline: 16 June 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Arua, Uganda. The duration of this post is 4 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Project set-up and design
- Guide the programme set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates.
- Initiate implementation of the project plan upon approval of the donor.
- Project Management-
- Execute overall programme management.
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and assign deliverables and activities, reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set.
- Manage project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project files.
- Manage sub-contractors and coordinate project consortium partners.
- Project quality assurance
- Responsible for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards.
- Contract management and Project accounting
- Manage and account for full compliances of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and donor specified guidelines.
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance.
- Ensure that approval for coding and booking of all expenditures is done accordingly to the relevant procedures and authorisation levels.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant advanced academic qualification at master’s level.
- Minimum 10 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted, multi-country donor-funded development projects.
- Solid experience in project management, especially of EU funded project.
- Ability to strategically lead, inspire and energise project teams.
- Preferable background in/understanding of agribusiness, value chain development and climate change.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing various project partners.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously.
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.