Deadline: 20 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Provincial Liaison Specialist in Lahore, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Provincial Liaison Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and analysis for smoothly implementation of FAO Projects in Punjab.
- Coordination between FAO and Government of Punjab, and following up of FAO strategic engagements in Punjab.
- Identify new areas of engagement for FAO to support Government of Punjab.
- Develop relationships, and provide on-going liaison, with partners and key government departments and ministries and ensure that district & provincial coordination is intact.
- Maintain high level of public relations and communication with Department of Agriculture, Irrigation Department, Planning and Development Department Punjab and other related stakeholders in Punjab.
- Create, foster and maintain a wide network of contacts and partnership with Govt. bodies, INGOs, UN agencies and other stake holders in Punjab.
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops.
- Assist on specific regulations that impact the ability to implement activities and/or impact the speed of implementation.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in one of the following subject, agriculture, economics, climate change, public policy, public administration, international relations.
- 5 year’s of experience.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.