Deadline: 7 April 2017
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Coordinator in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.
- Generate survey initiatives; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions.
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Provide briefing to consultants on relevant technical matters of the organization and guide their work at country level to ensure timely delivery and technical quality.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Statistics, Economics, Agro-economy or in a related field.
- 7 years relevant experience in planning, management and implementation of statistical capacity development programmes, preferably in the region and preferably several years at international level.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, management and implementation of statistical capacity development programmes.
- Experience in agricultural surveys and national agricultural systems.
- Familiarity with FAO procedures and the Global Strategy to Improve Agricultural and Rural Statistics would be an asset.
- Extent and relevance of academic qualifications.
- Limited knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish would be considered desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.