Deadline: 17 April 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Food Safety and Quality Officer in Panama City, Panama.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Food Safety and Quality Officer will perform the following functions:
- Across the region, lead the dissemination and implementation of corporate policies and procedures on the WFP approach to food safety and quality matters, ensuring alignment with corporate Food Safety and Quality Assurance (OSCQ) priorities.
- Collaborate with other relevant services and divisions for the establishment of protocols for risk and incident management to enable rapid response to situations with food safety and/or quality and/or integrity concerns, to ensure food safety and quality is embedded in any food related WFP operation.
- Oversee the implementation of supplier* food safety and quality management in the region, including supplier assessment, audits and review of corrective actions implementation.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Food Safety and Quality, or First University degree with additional years of experience in Food Technology or related technical area
- At least 8 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in Food Safety and Quality matters
- Ability to work independently while strongly adhering to a governing structure
- Theoretical understanding of Food Safety and Quality systems
- Embedded skills and mindset focused on risk assessment and risk management, action-oriented and comfortable to stand-alone
- Ability to analyse complex situations and recommend decisions among conflicting priorities, prioritizing the safety and quality of the food and final consumer
- Technical knowledge in food safety and quality systems and standards, HACCP, food technologies, and food processing
- Solid experience in risk management
- Fluency (level C) in the English language
- Fluency (level C) in the Spanish language
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.