Deadline: 15 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Sector Leader Agriculture in Maputo, Mozambique.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Sector Leader Agriculture will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Leadership: develop the country level Agriculture strategy aligned to SNV’s corporate Agriculture framework.
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor the quality of advisory services of the Agriculture portfolio.
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting.
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for agriculture programmes.
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agriculture projects in line with SNV’s internal frameworks.
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with national and international stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks.
- Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence-based knowledge development in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners.
- Contribute to SNV Mozambique management as a member of the Country Management Team.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in Agriculture (Agriculture, Ag. Economics) or related field.
- 10+ year’s of relevant and progressive experience in agriculture service delivery including at least 7 year’s in a management role, preferably in Africa.
- Proven abilities in managing large scale and complex development projects in Agriculture.
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors, project managers in a multi-cultural setting.
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise project teams operating in different parts of the country.
- Knowledge and understanding of the international development context and trends of agriculture sector.
- Proven ability to mobilise financial resources from the public and private sector; familiarity with key financiers and actors in the agriculture sector.
- Excellent social and networking skill as well as interpersonal and influencing skills to engage with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and proficiency in Portuguese is a clear advantage.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations in the country to oversee and monitor project works and sites.
- Self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.