Deadline: 16 September 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Coordinator (Governance and Policy Support) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Coordinator (Governance and Policy Support) will perform the following functions-
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leads, coordinates, and/or participates in Organization-wide, cross-divisional committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services to technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Coordinates and leads governance work related to the UN system.
- Builds and facilitates FAO’s positioning/role in key international, regional and national governance and policy debates and processes of strategic relevance to the Organization related to food security, nutrition and agricultural development.
- Strengthens networks and develops working relationships on governance issues with other UN, multilateral, and bilateral organizations, as well as academia, civil society and the private sector.
- Reinforces existing and/or develops new corporate mechanisms and institutional relationships to maintain dynamic multi-directional linkages between the Organization’s internal economic and social analysis, policy and governance support functions.
- Facilitates targeted, innovative engagements at the country and regional level which make FAO’s global analytical, policy and data resources, products and services available to relevant stakeholders.
- Develops corporate approaches for priority setting, quality assurance and impact assessment of FAO’s contributions to governance and policy support at global, regional and country levels.
- Develops mechanisms to manage, prioritize and track requests for food security and agricultural governance and policy analysis, and supports and coordinates relevant responses.
- Represents the Organization at international/inter-governmental meetings and conferences, advocates strategic partnerships, best practices, and increased policy dialogue, and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national partners.
- Plans, organizes and participates in capacity development activities involving the provision of advice, technical assistance projects, training workshops, seminars, and meetings, as well as oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Performs other duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, international development, public management, social sciences, or a related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in policy analysis and assistance, including experience in developing country contexts, with demonstrated capacity for leading significant policy change.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.