Deadline: 23 March 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Plan, manage or lead highly specialized or multidisciplinary teams; leads, coordinates and/or participates In Organization-wide, cross-divisional committees, project teams and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Analyze global and country specific requirements as well as agricultural, economic, social and environmental factors to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work as well as Detailed Work Plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Implement and monitor work programmes involving the conception and development of comprehensive statistical and/or analytical frameworks including early warning, medium and long term plans and strategies, leading edge tools, methods, systems and databases, critical indicators, and/or policy models, etc.
- Oversee and review data collection, validation, analysis and reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, FAO flagship publications/yearbooks and/or on-going programme development as well as technical and/or policy advisory services.
- Provide technical and policy advice to Member Nations and technical support to Decentralized Offices in the development and implementation of their programmes of work.
- Plan, organize and participate in capacity development activities involving the provision of advice, technical assistance projects, training workshops, seminars and meetings; oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, development economics, development studies or a related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in food and agricultural policy, including in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia, with particular emphasis on monitoring and/or analysing food and agricultural policies, and in programme management in these areas of work.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.