Deadline: 21 June 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Forestry Officer in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Forestry Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams, leads, coordinates, and/or participates in regional committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies;
- Analyses global and country specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Implements and monitors programmes of work involving the development of the approach, evidence based strategies, and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Conducts, designs and oversees research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or on-going programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services;
- Provides technical and policy advice to Members and technical support to Decentralized Offices in the development and implementation of their programmes;
- Leads and/or collaborates in, provides technical backstopping to, and ensures the quality/effectiveness of, capacity development and knowledge sharing activities within Members such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning, on-line tools;
- Represents the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders;
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in forest resources management or a related field (forestry, forest economics, forest engineering or other fields related to sustainable natural resources management).
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in forest resources management, forest conservation management, or related fields such as community-based natural resources or landscape management, biodiversity or wildlife management or climate smart agriculture in developing countries.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.