Deadline: 17 March 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Policy Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 9 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Policy Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Ensure project objectives are linked with ongoing high level processes in the areas of early warning systems, PSNP and DRM.
- Provide policy and advisory support to enable PSNP build resilient agriculture and rural livelihood;
- Provide policy and advisory support to Ministry of Agriculture on upstream policies and strategies to address food insecurity and vulnerability, especially in the fragile production system;
- Facilitate linkages of new livestock early warning tools to be part of the national seasonal assessments and early warning systems.
- Support the alignment of food insecurity and vulnerability, especially in the fragile production system in upstream ARD policies and strategies;
- Support the alignment of the livestock and crop early warning systems to the national early warning system;
- Support the alignment of resilience building in national social protection through partnership and policy influence,
- Support the establishment of sound mechanisms for inclusion of livelihood response to the shock-responsive social protection system by collaborating with DRM-ART;
- Support capacity building to policy function of PSNP and MoA’s Policy Unit to develop policy and enabling environment for building a resilient agriculture and rural livelihood;
- Provide additional support as requested.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in public policy, economics, agricultural economics, or related fields;
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in Agriculture, Livelihoods, Social Protection, Resilience projects;
- Working knowledge of English and knowledge local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.