Deadline: 16 November 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Policy Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manages or leads highly specialized or multidisciplinary teams and provides technical leadership in high-level policy analysis missions or projects, policy networks and/or international policy setting bodies.
- Leads the work carried out by technical or policy officers from headquarters or out-posted staff in the Decentralized Offices in relation to policy and governance work under the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Facilitates and advocates strategic partnerships, best practices and policy dialogue in support of enhanced policies and governance for food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Interacts with UN Regional and Country Teams to improve cross-sectoral policies and strategies concerning agriculture, food and nutrition security and sustainable development.
- Analyses regional and country-level issues to provide input into the identification of country and regional priorities and requirements.
- Designs, implements and monitors regional and subregional policy work programmes and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Leads capacity development activities involving the provision of technical advice and assistance, and oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Represents the Organization at international/inter-governmental meetings and conferences.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, development studies, political sciences, social sciences, agricultural economics, or related fields relevant to the work and/or programmes of the Organization.
- 10 years of experience in policy advice and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.