Deadline: 2 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Policy Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead on policy & advocacy work for ATO, including managing relationships with relevant external lobby groups, preparing documents on specific development issues for a range of stakeholders, lobby groups and audiences.
- Provide policy and political analysis on issues of agri-food systems and synthesise country’s perspectives to national and global policy discussions.
- Knowledge sharing and information to policy decision makers and technical teams at national and county level, prepare policy briefs, technical notes, presentations and reports on a regular basis.
- Create policy proposals to further the GoK’s agenda through coordinating the policy-making process with state experts and agencies to solicit input into and facilitate an effective policymaking process.
- Support promotion of digital driven data collection and service delivery to enhance effective monitoring and reporting, including reporting on progress made in transforming agriculture, policy effectiveness, as well as SDG indicators monitoring and reporting by the Ministry.
- Support the rollout and domestication of ASTGS at the counties level to enhance coherence between implementation and the policy.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agricultural economics, public policy, development economics, policy analysis or related field.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant experience in agriculture and rural development in monitoring, mapping and analysis of policy decisions, programmes and investments in areas related to food, agriculture, food security and nutrition.
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.