Deadline: 13 May 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Advisor in Coxs Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Play the leadership role to enhance access to, and utilization of, agricultural extension services for household nutrition improvement, value chain development, youth and women’s empowerment for vulnerable and smallholders’ in Cox’s Bazar district.
- Lead role and advisory services in baseline condition assessment and any other technical assessments relevant to the project.
- Provide high level professional and advisory services to the FAO Cox’s Bazar programme in collaboration with the Programme unit, Operations and Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) units.
- Play the lead role in developing programmatic strategies aligned with the 8th five years programme of the government of Bangladesh and FAO’s Country Programme Framework to communicate with the potential donors and stakeholders for exploring financial resources.
- Manage the FAO’s project such as PROACT activities in Cox’s Bazar for development of resilient, inclusive and sustainable nutrition-sensitive agri-food systems.
- Play the key role in developing and implementation of the Annual Work Plan (AWP), programme budgets and progress reports for the donors, FAO and other stakeholders.
- Play the lead role in developing and implementing the FAO-WFP led UN-UN Agreement and provide advisory services in the smooth functioning of the collaborative project in achieving better results meeting the objectives.
- Contribute to knowledge, learning sharing and resource building for facilitating ICT based improved extension services and Digital Village initiative in collaboration with the FAO’s Country Office, Regional Office, and Government Organizations.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in agricultural science, food security or related discipline with post-graduation in administrative or programme management or related subjects.
- Minimum 10 year’s progressively responsible professional work experiences with the United Nations or international development organizations on agricultural development or food security projects or programmes.
- Professional experience in working with the emergency environment and /or humanitarian responses at team leader or project manager position including the food security sector.
- Knowledge of agricultural development and food security systems for multi-donors funded projects or programmes.
- Proven experience in strategic and innovative approaches for programme management and agricultural development in a complex and adverse environment.
- Proven experience in promotion and adoption of innovative ideas and practices for improved agricultural farming for the marginal and smallholder farmers.
- Proven track record of successful teamwork, managing the multi-disciplinary team and good presentation/facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Self-motivation, willingness to learn and strong work ethics in managing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
- Working Knowledge of English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.