Deadline: 7 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Manager (Agriculture and Rural Finance) in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Manager (Agriculture and Rural Finance) will perform the following functions:
- Lead on technical aspects for LIFT related to Agriculture and Rural Finance
- Seek synergy and collaboration, bringing together an array of projects into a more integrated and effective portfolio.
- Sustain and enhance LIFT’s strategic partnerships that expand the outreach of financial institutions to underserved markets, with a rural and agricultural focus.
- Work closely with government institutions to ensure effective policy development in the Agricultural and Rural Finance sectors.
- Lead on the design and management of programmes funded by LIFT
- Explore new partnerships which can add new strategic alliances, innovation, and value for money to LIFT’s work.
- Design programme frameworks and develop calls for proposals if needed.
- Lead proposal appraisal process, ensure that proposals are in compliance with Fund policy and priorities as well as in line with national frameworks where they exist, and that proposals take into account work undertaken or planned by the government and others.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Rural Development, Agriculture, Finance, Natural Resource Management, Business Management, Political or Social Sciences or a related ﬁeld from an accredited academic institution is required.
- University Degree in the above ﬁelds with additional 2 year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of relevant technical experience in managing Agriculture or Rural Finance projects is required.
- Experience with climate smart agriculture, nutrition sensitive agriculture and/or value chain analysis and development is required.
- Experience in working with micro-finance institutions and/or banks in innovative financing is required.
- Demonstrated experience of effective team leadership, staff supervision and working in a matrix structure is required.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis and write analytical or summative reports is preferred/an asset.
- Demonstrated successful work in policy influence and advocacy is preferred/an asset.
- Expertise, experience and/or understanding of conﬂict sensitive programming is preferred/an asset.
- Professional experience in Southeast Asia is preferred/an asset.
- Experience in natural resource governance and working with government systems is preferred/an asset.
- Experience working and coordinating multi-stakeholder processes and facilitating multi-donor dialogues is preferred/an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.