Deadline: 21 June 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer (Youth Employment) in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer (Youth Employment) will perform the following functions-
- Researches and analyses agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or employment related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes of work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Support the integration of decent employment, in particular of youth employment, in FAO’s work, including the disaggregation of data by sex and age where appropriate.
- Produce a variety of technical reports and inputs for technical documents, publications and/or web pages.
- Provide technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participate in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, and/or key social/ economic/ environmental/ nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborate in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars, and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in political science, economics, institutional development, social anthropology , rural development, labour law, or other relevant social sciences, related to socio-economic analysis, policy formulation, capacity building in relation to decent employment.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes/projects related to decent youth employment in agri-food systems
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.