Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Subregional Resilience Officer (Team Leader) in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Subregional Resilience Officer (Team Leader) will perform the following functions-
- Coordination at the subregional level
- Provide leadership to FAO’s work on resilience and supervises FAO subregional resilience team, ensuring coordinated and effective support to resilience programming at the subregional and country levels.
- Liaise with resilience and humanitarian actors at subregional level and represents FAO in interagency coordination meetings and programming exercises undertaken by the resilience humanitarian and early recovery community, working closely with the subregional organizations and partners.
- Support the FAO Representations in resources mobilization for resilience projects and programmes.
- Organize/participate in regular donor meetings, as appropriate, informs the donor community on the prevailing livelihoods, food security and nutrition situation.
- Facilitate SP5 country support process and across SPs collaboration in close collaboration with the regional office and SP5 Management Team.
- Policies, programmes to protect, restore and improve livelihoods and food security
- Provide strategic and policy guidance as well as required training, capacity development in resilience, food security and nutrition for national governments and subregional institutions.
- Support the national teams in identifying CPF priorities and implementing FAO’s resilience programmes and project, providing programming and technical support.
- Coordinate, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of resilience policies and programmes.
- Facilitate efforts in Early Warning Early Action and Disaster Risk management.
- Ensure that nutrition, gender and accountability to affected populations dimensions are integrated in FAO resilience programmes in the subregion.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in political sciences, agricultural economics, development economics, rural sociology, food security, nutrition, sustainable agriculture (including livestock, forestry and fisheries), or related field.
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in public and/or private sectors related to programming, planning and technical cooperation in food and agriculture, including experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emergency risks.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.