Deadline: 29 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Adviser in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects.
- Assist in the review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions.
- Coordinate programme-related activities and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Contribute to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Participate in activities such as structuring of training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
- Provide advice regarding the development of policies and strategies, as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in the area of natural resources management, fisheries management, fisheries science, aquaculture management, environmental sciences, or related fields.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in technical cooperation’s related activities, policy advice and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in working with inter-governmental bodies and multidisciplinary teams.
- Extent and relevance of experience in Africa, preferably in Southern Africa is considered an asset.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the management and implementation of large (development) projects, including the design and implementation of monitoring systems.
- Extent and relevance of experience with GEF projects is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.