Deadline: 26 July 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Expert in Kisumu, Kenya. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Expert will perform the following functions:
- Implementation of programme strategy in supporting agricultural enterprises and Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in line with set performance indicators to implement employment-promoting practices (expansion, diversification, intensification of business activities).
- Support to youth-inclusive business models in combination with market-based employability skills training and business coaching of aspiring youth in agricultural value chains.
- Support the identification of demands for inputs, services and markets by youth start-ups, youth-inclusive MSMEs, and small holders/cooperatives.
- Support the identification of business models for demanded, production-related inputs and services and for improved access to markets.
- Work with agricultural enterprises, start-ups, small holders and farming schemes for improved access to markets for youth with improved employability skills and business ambitions.
- Provide input to development of training materials for input and service providers, small holders, and cooperatives.
- Support creation of linkage to existing advisory and qualification structures, especially in the non-formal Agriculture Technical Vocational Education and Training (ATVET).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University qualification in agriculture, agribusiness, or related fields.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Very good business language skills in English and Swahili.
- General professional experience in Agricultural Value Chain Development, Agricultural production;
- Specific professional experience in services around agriculture (e.g. mechanisation, input sector), business promotion, agricultural markets.
- 5 year’s of work experience in Kenya.
- 3 year’s of experience in Developing Cooperation projects.
- 2 year’s of work experience in the private sector.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.