Deadline: 29 November 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Biodiversity and Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this project is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer (Biodiversity and Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture) will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyze technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services;
- Produce a variety of technical information, data, statistics and reports as well as input for technical documents and web pages;
- Provide technical support/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives; provides technical backstopping to field projects;
- Collaborate in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes and databases;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices;
- Collaborate in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development activities within Member nations such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events, including preparation of related information, learning materials and on-line tools;
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations;
- Support resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or natural resources management or related biological sciences.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in natural resources management, including in biodiversity and genetic resources for food and agriculture management.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge ( intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.