Deadline: 13 August 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Vice President, Agriculture, Human and Social Development in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Vice President, Agriculture, Human and Social Development will perform the following functions-
- Drive a strong culture of performance to deliver impactful results on the ground within and across African countries from the Agriculture, Human and Social Development Complex of the Bank.
- Develop effective collaboration with the Regional Development and Business Delivery Vice Presidency and other Vice Presidency complexes, to deploy sector-level staff to the five regional integration and business delivery offices in West, East, Central, North and Southern Africa, and drive the successful development of agriculture, human and social development portfolios.
- Support countries to achieve rapid agricultural productivity growth, revamp research, extension and innovation systems to boost domestic food production and reduce dependency on food imports.
- Support development of private sector agribusinesses to process and add value to agricultural products and commodities across agricultural value chains, that take social and environmental and climate change dimensions into consideration, while cultivating multi-stakeholder partnerships between the private sector, civil society and communities to accomplish complex objectives.
- Spearhead support to countries and the private sector to achieve agricultural industrialization, through development of agro-industrial zones with smart integrated infrastructure, upgrading agricultural value chains, while developing the requisite skills and human capabilities, building on existing social structures and organizations.
- Provide leadership to ensure that all programs and interventions of the Bank pay close attention to gender impacts and accelerate the delivery of finance to women through the Bank’s Affirmative Finance Action for Women (AFAWA) initiative.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ or Ph.D Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or relevant field in human and social development.
- At least 15 year’s of international experience, of which at least 10 year’s must be at a senior management level.
- Extensive experience in leading major agricultural, social and human transformations.
- Extensive experience working in multilateral financial institutions will be a distinct advantage.
- Extensive ability to develop strategic partnerships and build coalitions for achieving impacts.
- Extensive experience in running large operations to deliver programs at scale.
- Familiarity with the work of multilateral and bilateral development finance institutions and the private sector will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in large, multicultural organizations in the public or private sector with a diverse workforce and sensitivity to diversity concerns of staff and Boards of Directors.
- Excellent people management skills, experience working with Boards of Directors or Trustees of corporate institutions and ability to effectively build support and coalition around agendas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French, and good practical knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.