Deadline: 31 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Early Childhood and Health Officer in Algeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Early Childhood and Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Formulation and development of interventions in the fields of strengthening the health system, public health policies and in particular those relating to early childhood (maternal and neonatal mortality, HIV / ETME, vaccination, mental health, preschool in collaboration with the Education Specialist, parental education in collaboration with the Communication for Development, disability in collaboration with the Protection Specialist,…), with the support of other sections, if necessary.
- Management and monitoring of programs and evaluation of results.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation.
- Contribution to the mobilization of resources for the health sector and the drafting of donor reports.
- Technical support and monitoring of the implementation of UNICEF’s health programs in the camps of Sahrawi refugees in Tindouf.
- Advocacy, networking, partnership building and intersectoral collaboration.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in the medical field (Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine / Public Health, General Medicine) or related specialty a doctorate would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 year’s professional experience, preferably in the planning and management of public health or community health programs or services including in clinical practice.
- Experience in program management within an international body or an organization of the United Nations system.
- Technical expertise in the areas of strengthening health systems, child survival, early childhood, adolescent health and the fight against HIV / AIDS and experience or familiarity with emergencies would be essential.
- Knowledge of UNICEF program areas.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.