Deadline: 14 August 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Various Duty Stations.
The Communication for Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design, manage and facilitate the implementation of the programme communication strategy, policy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion of social and behavioral change.
- Provide technical input toward operational strategies and the development of materials on participatory communication, social mobilization and behavior change to reach target audiences and the media and support integration of new information and communication technologies.
- Organize the research, development and production of culturally-relevant communication materials.
- Manage the formative research, development, pre-testing and production of communication materials to ensure effective programme delivery.
- Support UNICEF’s global communication objectives and strategies through the development of country-specific and local community materials.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of communication materials developed for dissemination to government officials, local communities, key partners and the press.
- Provide technical support to government counterparts and other partners on the development and strategic use of communication for social development.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders on the organization of activities, operational research, advocacy and information that support programme communication goals and strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate programme activities on the basis of applied communication research and visits to project sites.
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Disseminate communication research findings, lessons learned, best practices, with government officials, programme staff and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in budget and programme review and planning; establish programme work plans and allocation of resources.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health, and Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication and research.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- International work experience required.
- Developing country work experience is considered an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English and another official language of the United Nations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.