Deadline: 9 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Representative in Luanda, Angola.
The Deputy Representative will serves as principal support and adviser on the overall management of the CO, development of CO policies and strategies.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Representative will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the planning and conduct of situation analysis by the various sectors in the CO to establish a comprehensive and current data and information for program development planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide advice to the Representative on strategies, direction and planning of programs and projects to translate.
- Monitor and assess programs and operations and provide advice on best and innovative programming and management practices to enhance programming and operations.
- Participate in meetings/events and annual/mid-term reviews with government and other counterparts/stakeholders to contribute to strategic program discussions, planning and assessments.
- Collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF (One) country development planning of programs/projects.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with government institutions, national stakeholders and global partners/allies/donors/academia to advocate UNICEF goals to advance child’s right to survival, development and well-being, mobilize resources, seek cooperation and establish alliances.
- Coordinate the collection, institutionalization and sharing of lessons learned to enhance performance and to use lessons learned in development/policy planning.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, international relations, government and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development or other related fields, is required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience that combines technical and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in a developing countries is required.
- Experience in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (French and/or Spanish) and a local language is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.