Deadline: 30 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Officer NOB in Luanda, Angola.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Immunization Officer NOB will perform the following functions:
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date programme/project management information is available for effective budget preparation, programme/project design, implementation, management and evaluation
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Immunization programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Draft sound Immunization programme budgets for review by the supervisor, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of data and coding.
- Project efficiency, effectiveness and vaccination coverage are enhanced through effective implementation follow-on
- Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Immunization project status.
- Progress reports and project work plans are timely prepared, and effective technical support is provided in the drafting of donor, annual and other reports/project documentation related to EPI
- Analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports; drafts changes in Immunization project work plans and in identification of required supplies and equipment.
- Draft sections of donor, annual and other project documentation related to EPI, ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments are ensured
- Monitor flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Records supply and non-supply inventory and quarterly update on cold chain equipment, distribution and utilization
- Capacities of Country Office staff and team work are strengthened through effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme
- Support a staff training/development programme to upgrade the capacity of the Country Office staff in the programme development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas Social Sciences, Medicine, Health, Public Health, Family Health, Child Development, Nursing, or a field relevant to international development assistance in Immunization and Child Survival & Health Care.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant professional experience and field work experience.
- Experience in knowledge management.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Training and experience in social welfare, or Immunization/health care.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.