Deadline: 25 October 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will report to the Accredited Procurement Manager (APM) in the Governance Practice, who delegates coordination responsibilities to the Coordinator for the concerned CMU.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Play a leadership and advisory role to clients and colleagues in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across sectors, countries and work units.
- Make significant contributions in evaluating and developing improvements to borrower’s procurement regulations/practices, including influencing the design, reform and establishment of national and subnational public procurement systems and strengthening of institutional capacity within borrower entities.
- Employ appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and issues
- Play a substantive role in improving Bank procurement practices and approaches; generates “concept notes” and best practices papers and develops innovative solutions to particularly difficult procurement and related issues.
- Lead missions and supervises major projects as a technical expert; interacts with clients at the policy level.
- Prepare and comments on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports.
- Develop and execute training modules on complex procurement topics.
- Work independently under general direction of unit manager or equivalent, and guides and mentors more junior staff.
- Participate in missions as sole procurement expert on large projects; assesses procurement implications of project design, evaluates institutional capacity of borrowers and develops suitable procurement plans.
- Design and conduct workshops to educate procurement professionals in the Bank and in borrower agencies on the Bank’s philosophy and approach to procurement, the rationale of its policy framework, relevant procedures and processes, as well as on specialized procurement topics.
Applicants must have-
- MA/MS (An advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce).
- 8 years of relevant experience in procurement.
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, discussing and resolving difficult issues, both orally and in writing.
- Nationality of Argentina.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.