Deadline: 10 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Procurement Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Monitor the process for provision of goods and services for the project.
- Conduct market surveys via available reference resources and databases.
- Prepare and clear tendering documents, such as Invitations for Bids, Requests for Quotation (RFQ), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Interest (RFI), etc and necessary specifications, as well as prepare the contracts for Service providers.
- Review applications and prepare summary and relevant documents.
- Organize and launch the tenders using appropriate method of purchase according to FAO rules and regulations.
- Organize Local Procurement Committee (LPC) meetings and prepare relevant reports.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, agriculture economics, statistics or a closely related field.
- 3 year’s relevant experience and strong analytics, research skills.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in Armenia and English.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
- Nationality of Armenia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.