Deadline: 3 December 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, International Affairs, Nutrition/Health, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- 4 year’s progressively responsible experience in direct implementation of field level project activities for an NGO, government institution, UN Agency.
- Experience of working on development projects is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Armenian, and highly competent in both oral and written English language, working knowledge (level B) of Russian language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.