Deadline: 8 July 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide specialized expertise to guide the timely implementation of food value chain project activities.
- Ensure that project activities are performed in line with the targets established within project documents, report proactively where targets might be missed and provide potential solutions to overcome challenges.
- Ensure activities are implemented according to planned timelines and aligned with wider programme policies and guidelines including programme Standard Operating Procedures.
- Act as a communication link and foster relationships between WFP, and the key stakeholders engaged at project level.
- Advise on the design of the expansion of the food value chain activities, including identifying opportunities for pilots to be expanded into national food value chain projects.
- Provide input into project proposals and support on the implementation of activity scale up.
- Document project activity success, and under the guidance of WFP’s communication team provide input for external communications on project success.
- Work closely with the partnership and communication unit to formulate proposals for funding and for documenting and communicating results.
- Identify capacity building initiatives for stakeholders of FVC activities including WFP staff, the Government and implementing partners.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary certificate in the functional area is desirable.
- University Degree in Business Administration, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance would be an asset.
- 4 or more year’s progressively responsible experience in direct implementation of field level project activities for an NGO, government institution, UN Agency.
- Experience of working on agricultural projects is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimum supervision, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is desirable.
- Fluency in Armenia, and highly competent in the English language, working knowledge (level B) of Russian language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.